Innovative Advanced Technology Solutions (IAT Solutions) is seeking a Federal Business Development Specialist to oversee the development and growth of profitable new business within the Federal Government, and to develop and maintain effective key agency relations. This position will be responsible for ensuring the business growth through directing and managing business development activities to ensure these are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of IAT Solutions vision and strategy
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability
- Communicate with other executive heads on the implementation of IAT Solutions strategic and operational plans
- Develop, review, and report on the business development division’s strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results
- Develop and lead the business in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities
- Ensure efficient and effective marketing, advertising and promotional planning
- Present a budget for board approval and prudently manage resources within those budgetary guidelines according to company policy
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, supplies, and partners
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
Bachelor’s degree in business management preferred.
- Be located within the Washington, DC area.
- Five or more years of business development experience related to government contracting
- Ability to identify and qualify new business opportunities and expand existing business opportunities, with proven experience with new contract wins
- Competency and proficiency with structured business development, capture, and proposal processes. Strong writing skills are desirable.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, team focused mentality, and committed to continuous learning
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and occasional travel.
About IAT Solutions
Innovative Advanced Technology Solutions (IAT Solutions) established in 2014, is a women owned small business (WOSB) that provides professional IT services to the Federal Government. We have designed, deployed, and optimized networking infrastructures to exceed our customers expectations. Our advance solutions not only provide for a more reliable infrastructure, but an increase in security enhancements to ensure the integrity of the network. Our team of innovators possess the necessary skills and expertise to provide exceptional services. Our staff certifications consist of: CCIE Routing and Switching, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Security, CCNA Design, and Project Management Professional (PMP). We believe personnel development is critical to having a great team, and we encourage our staff to always further their technical expertise. We pride ourselves in employing certified professionals with the experience in developing and deploying secure robust solutions, to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information on the network.